CNISM - National Interuniversity Consortium for the Physical Sciences of Matter
The University of Milano-Bicocca is member of the National Interuniversity Consortium for the Physical Sciences of Matter (Consorzio Nazionale Interuniversitario per le Scienze Fisiche della Materia – CNISM.
The activities of the CNISM Research Unit at the Department of Materials Science are devoted to the:
- Growth and optical and vibrational spectroscopy of semiconductor quantum dots and heretostructures
- Optical and dielectric properties of oxide nanostructures for photonic technology
- Thin films for applications in photonics and optoelectronics
- Simulation and modeling of the epitaxial growth of semiconductor nanostructures
- Growth, optical properties and photophysics of organic molecular semiconductors
- Chemical physics of the surface of semiconductors for gas sensing and photovoltaic applications
- Ab-initio study of low dimensional systems
- Ab-initio simulations of materials for non-volatile electronic memories.